
Bennett and I took a road trip to Highland, Illinois where my cousin Kerri lives. Brandi and Justin and Laura and Austin came too. It is about a 4.5 hour car ride and Bennett did wondeful! He slept for about 3 hours and then we stopped for about a forty minute break and then he fell back asleep when we hit the road again. I was very worried about the car ride by myself but it worked out perfect! We had so much fun with all the cousins. We celebrated Kerri's birthday too.

Bennett took his very first swim in Aunt Kerri's pool! He loved it and never fussed a bit. I didn't keep him out there long because it was so blasted hot and I can't put sun screen on him yet either.

Kathy came over from St. Louis to pay us a visit too! It was wondeful to see her again and we appreciated her making the trip over because it cut down on Bennett's car riding time. Bennett is sure to be spoiled by Kathy's cooking in the near future!

By our last day there Bennett was absolutely pooped! Vacation will wear a little guy out! He took a two hour nap before we left and then slept for three hours in the car. I actually woke him up because my bladder was about to give out! He slept for for 7 hours straight that night too! Daddy really missed the little guy since he was gone for three nights. We hope to see everyone again sooner than later and are very sad we won't be able to celebrate Austin's first birthday in Bloomington next weekend:(
No comments:
Post a Comment