10 years ago
Monday, December 1, 2008
A Tooth!
Well, there are no pictures of this milestone just yet, but you can see and feel the corner of one of Bennett's front, bottom teeth peeking through! Thank goodness.......he has not been sleeping well at all lately, up twice a night, and has been very fussy. All of you experienced Mom's have been telling me "Oh, he's teething or going through some kind of developmental milestone." Well, let me tell you, I was about ready to scream! I looked and felt his gums every day and saw nothing and those signs of teething- drooling, chewing on everything etc., well the kid has been doing those things for months! He has not started to crawl or made any motion toward it, so I was at a loss. Finally, today I saw it! A shimmering, white, corner of a tooth! What a relief, although I feel awful and like a failure of a mother since my child was obviously waking up in pain due to his emerging tooth! Needless to say, the kiddo went to bed tonight with some Ibuprofen in his system. It is my hope that this will not only ease his pain and help him sleep better, but will allow this very tired Mom to get some restful sleep as well. I'll keep you posted on the status of breastfeeding as I am now cringing at the thought of what might be to come on that front if you know what I mean.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment