
Caroline is 4 months old! She is a healthy 14lbs 3 oz and is 24 inches long. She is rolling both ways now and pushes herself up on her palms and kicks her legs as if she is going to get somewhere fast by doing so. She is a very happy baby, smiling and laughing all the time. She is a terrible sleeper! She will only take 30 minute naps at daycare! The longest ones at home are 2 hours and that's only in her swing and they are rare. She is still up twice a night! Needless to say, I am TIRED! I am beginning to have to supplement a little with formula while she is at daycare. I able to go feed her on my lunch break, but there are times when I don't have enough milk pumped for her to have her next feeding if I have a meeting after school. We are having a difficult time with this and she vomited soy formula until she was only vomiting bile. I started with soy since Bennett could only tolerate it, vomiting bile with milk based, thinking it would be gentler on her tummy. I guess not. I have been able to pick her up in time this week so as to not have to supplment but I tried milk based sensitive formula the other night when Bryan was gone and she REFUSEd to take the bottle from me! I used to think that women who said this were crazy, but it's true! I tried and tried but all she would do was root towards me and she would only nurse. Bryan tried the next night and she would only take 1.5 oz of it and proceeded to spit up a lot more than she normally does with breast milk. So......we are working on it. It is so much fun having a girl! We are so in love with Caroline and love watching her and Bennett interact. It all goes SO much faster with the second one! I cannot believe that the next thing I'll be telling you is that she is crawling! NO! I don't want my baby to grow up so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment