Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rice Cereal Trial #1


It's funny how with your first child you want to hurry up and see them do all of the things that all, healthy babies eventually do i.e. eating cereal, rolling over, crawling etc. Then the second child comes along and you realize that when they actually do begin doing all of those things, although you are just as excited for them as the first, you now know that with many of these milestones comes more work and worry for you. My point is, I have not been in any hurry to start rice cereal with Caroline. Frankly, solely breastfeeding is quick and easy, but given her ferocious appetite and lack of sleeping I decided to give it a whirl right when she turned 4 months to see if the girl would become satisfied longer. Well, as you can see from these pictures, she was more interested in the bib and spoon and proceeded to spit out all of the cereal I placed in her mouth, that is, when she would actually let me shove it in there! Fast forward another 3 weeks and I tried again. She is still not the biggest fan but will actually open her mouth for me now, so we'll start trying it at least once daily for awhile. By the way the cereal HAS to be made with breast milk or she WILL NOT eat it! Princess is a little high maintenance.

No comments: