Sunday, November 7, 2010

Potty Training

We (I) decided that this was the weekend to potty train Bennett. He has shown signs of being ready for quite some time and I knew he was more than capable. So, I set up camp at our house and decided there was no turning back. Big boy underwear during the day and pull-ups for nap and bed time....NO MORE diapers! Well......it has gone really well. Sure, we have had a couple of accidents but he immediately says "whoopsie," so he realizes it right away. He had two accidents yesterday and only one today. He successfully pooped on the potty both days! I even braved a quick trip to Target and he peed in the bathroom there! Living up to my usual self, I lifted him up to the toilet and he peed "standing up." I mean, come on, I didn't want my two year old's little bottom touching that seat! We made it home with dry underwear! We'll see how it goes at daycare this week, but I am more than happy with our success so far!

No comments: